WELCOME TO CES
1. There will be an Apple Foundation Plant & Flower Sale this
2. ACT Aspire testing will begin soon. The schedule is as follows: 5th Grade- , 4th Grade- , 3rd Grade- .
3. There will be no lunchroom charges after . Please check to make sure your child has money in his/her account. For any questions, contact Tanya Daniel at 256 582-0636. Also, we will be having breakfast for lunch instead of barbecue on .
4 , from in the Cherokee Elementary School parking lot. Come out and support Guntersville City Schools!. Yearbooks were pre-ordered in January. To reserve your copy, please be sure to get your order in as soon as possible before they quickly sell out... only 62 left as of today! Students will have a yearbook signing party in May.
5. Cherokee students are invited to participate in the upcoming Marshall County PALS Poster Contest. The theme for 2015 is "Take Action For A Cleaner Alabama." The deadline for posters to be turned in to the MCPALS office is by . They can also be turned in here at Cherokee that day. An attachment below shows guidelines and awards.
6. Art on the Lake will be held . and , from at the Guntersville Recreation Center. Artwork from our Cherokee students will be on display.
7. The Apple Foundation is holding a contest to design the logo for the upcoming Apple Race to Education. Designs must be turned in to the school office by . A flier is being sent home in home folders with specific logo guidelines.
8. GHS Spring Choral Concert is Tuesday, April 21in the GHS Auditorium from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm.
April 16, Thursday - Progress Reports
April 22 -23, Wed-Thurs - 5th Grade ACT Aspire Testing
April 24, Friday - 5th Grade ASA Testing
April 24, Friday - 4th Grade ACT Aspire Testing
April 27, Monday - 4th Grade ACT Aspire Testing
April 28, Tuesday - 4th Grade ACT Aspire Testing
April 29-30 Wed-Thurs - 3rd Grade ACT Aspire Testing
May 1, Friday - 3rd Grade ACT Aspire Testing
May 7, Thursday - 3rd Grade Program
May 12, Tuesday - 3rd Grade Field Day
May 13, Wednesday - 4th Grade Field Day
May 14, Thursday - 5th Grade Field Day
May 15, Friday - 5th Grade Take A Child to Work Day
May 15, Friday - Teacher Appreciation Day
May 20, Wednesday - Awards Day
May 22, Friday - Report Cards
MATH FACTS IN A FLASH
These math programs are great for students to practice at home!